Why I'm Against Store-Bought Syrup
Store-bought syrups might seem appealing, but they aren't that great. I really wanted to show you guys the pros and cons of store-bought syrups, so I made a list below:
- It's easy to make snow-cones with.
- The container is nice.
Yup, those are the only pros.
- It's completely artificial.
- They don't taste that great.
- It's super unhealthy. Here's an example:
- There's a disgusting amount of food coloring.
- Does it have natural flavors? Well, what's natural. Pretty much anything not man-made. That means that they could put ANYTHING natural in their syrups without listing it in the ingredients. Yuck!
Now, let's move on to a more delightful topic. Like homemade snow-cones!
- It's healthy... enough.
- You can make pretty much any syrup you like.
- It's downright scrumptious!
- You choose the ingredients.
- No food coloring necessary!
Thanks for reading!
Note: The reason the bottle is almost empty is from the times we used it before we knew about homemade syrup. I really don't know how we downed the stuff.