The Classic Perry Family Original
Updated: Aug 30, 2020
The Perry Family Original is the best popcorn to try making if you're a beginner to popping popcorn. I highly recommend it because it's something that's easy to make and I'm sure you will like it as long as you like nutritional yeast. The recipe I am going to give you works best with air-popped popcorn. I use this air popper. I would suggest that you use an air-popper because they virtually make no mess (if you melt the butter in the microwave and not the top of the popcorn-popper) and they are easy to store. This is the recipe for The Classic Perry Family Original:
- Use the cup on the top of the popcorn-popper and fill it with popcorn.
- TURN ON THE POPCORN-POPPER BEFORE YOU POUR THE POPCORN!!!
- While the popcorn is popping, put in 1 tbs. butter and 3 tbs. olive oil in a 1/3 cup, and heat it in the microwave on high for 18 seconds (22 if you have an old microwave.)
- Once the popcorn is finished popping pour the butter-olive oil mixture on the popcorn using a teaspoon. Make sure to stir the popcorn after pouring some of it on.
- Then, salt the popcorn to your desire and put around 2-3 tbs. nutritional yeast on it.
- Put olive oil in a pot and pour 1/2 cup of popcorn in.
- Keep the burner between low and medium (a little closer to medium.)
- To pop the optimal amount of popcorn, shake the pot every 15 sec. or so.
- Once the popcorn is done popping, turn the burner off and pour the popcorn into a
- Salt the popcorn to your desire and put about 2-3 tbs. of nutritional yeast on it.
- Pop the popcorn in the microwave (it usually works best on popcorn mode.)
- There's already tons of salt on it, so just put on about 2 tbs. of nutritional yeast.